Pages

Thursday, June 4, 2015

47

Tomorrow is the last day of school. 

The library is packed.

This school year was definitely a journey, but it turned out better than I could have hoped. I moved up from elementary to middle school, which turned out to be a pretty good fit for me. 

I started out by blogging about every single book I read. In the spring, I wasn't able to keep that up. But I did keep reading.

At the beginning of the year I found out that some teachers had challenged their students to read 40 books this school year. So I decided that would be my goal, too. 

I made it to 47. I would have tried for 50 but this week was brutal - one night I went to bed right after dinner!  But if you'd told me back in August that I would read that many books this year, I would have thought you were crazy! 

Without further adieu, here are the 47 books I read this school year:


  1. Charlie Joe Jackson’s Guide to Not Reading by Tom Greenwald
  2. The Testing by Joelle Charbonneau
  3. Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children
  4. The Maze Runner by James Dashner
  5. The Screaming Staircase by Jonathan Stroud
  6. If I Stay by Gayle Forman
  7. Ungifted by Gordan Korman
  8. The Boy on the Wooden Box by Leon Leyson
  9. Counting by 7s by Holly Goldberg Sloan
  10. The Selection by Kiera Cass
  11. The Elite by Kiera Cass
  12. The One by Kiera Cass
  13. We Were Liars by E. Lockhart
  14. Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher
  15. The Fourteenth Goldfish by Jennifer Holm
  16. Because of Mr. Terupt by Rob Buyea
  17. The Riverman by Aaron Starmer
  18. Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys
  19. Columbine (not for middle school) by Dave Cullen
  20. Proxy by Alex London
  21. The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith
  22. A Death-Struck Year by Makiia Lucier
  23. The Prince and the Guard: Selection Stories by Kiera Cass
  24. Messenger by Lois Lowry
  25. Son by Lois Lowry
  26. Unbreakable by Kami Garcia
  27. To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before by Jenny Han
  28. Monster by Walter Dean Myers
  29. Popular: Vintage Wisdom for a Modern Geek by Maya Van Wagenen
  30. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
  31. If I Ever Get Out of Here by Eric L. Gansworth
  32. Escape from Mr. Lemoncello’s Library by Chris Grabenstein
  33. Mockingbird by Kathryn Erskine
  34. Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell
  35. The Family Romanov by Candace Fleming
  36. The Rent Collector by Camron Wright
  37. Hidden by Helen Frost
  38. Prisoner B-3087 by Alan Gratz
  39. The Lions of Little Rock by Kristin Levine
  40. Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson
  41. City of Bones by Cassandra Clare
  42. Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein
  43. The Heir by Kiera Cass
  44. On the Fence by Kasie West
  45. Fish in a Tree by Linda Mullaly Hunt
  46. Ruby Red by Kerstin Gier
  47. 13 Little Blue Envelopes by Maureen Johnson

I already have a pile bigger than I'll be able to finish at home for summer. I cannot wait to read all day. Until next fall.....

Keep reading!
Mrs. Cox

No comments :

Post a Comment

 
Header Background Designed by Freepik