Pages

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Ten Places Books Have Made Me Want To Visit (whether fictional or real)


Back again with another list from The Broke and the Bookish:  Ten Places Books Have Made Me Want to Visit.

In no particular order......

1.  Narnia, The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe



Who wouldn't want to visit this magical kingdom? Especially during the Golden Age when Peter, Susan, Lucy and Edmund were kings and queens.

2.  The Shire, The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings



Again, who wouldn't want to visit the Shire, so beautiful and homey?

3.  New York City, From the Mixed Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler



A girl and her little brother run away to live in the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York City.  I read this book as a 5th grader and it made me want to visit New York City.  Many years later as an adult, I did visit the city and the Met.  It's fantastic!

4.  Amsterdam, The Fault in Our Stars


Gus and Hazel, both terminally ill, visit Amsterdam in this tear-jerker.  Hazel has trouble carrying her oxygen tank up the narrow staircase at the Anne Frank House.

5. Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory



Wouldn't you want to meet an Oompa-Loompa or maybe try an everlasting gobstopper?  I have a real sweet tooth so this one is hard for me to resist.

6.  Hogwarts and other locations, Harry Potter


I want to go to Diagon Alley and Hogsmeade and ride the Hogwarts Express and go to a quidditch game!

7. Mt. Everest, Into Thin Air



I'm listening to this audiobook at the moment and although I'm not sure I want to climb it, I would like to go to Nepal and see the tallest mountain in the world. 

8. Paris, Les Miserables and The Da Vinci Code



I've visited Paris three times and it is magical. These two books are vastly different but both have parts that take place in the City of Light.

9.  The Scottish Highlands, Outlander



This beautiful but stark landscape is somewhere I really want to visit one day.


10. Zuckerman's Farm, Charlotte's Web


I would love to hang out with Templeton, Charlotte, Wilbur, the Goose, and Fern in the peaceful barn and not have a care in the world.











No comments :

Post a Comment

 
Header Background Designed by Freepik