Pages

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: "To Be Read" Books for Fall


In my blogging today I stumbled upon something that I thought was really cool.... Over at the blog called The Broke and the Bookish, they have a meme where they post a topic and then bloggers respond with a list of 10 on Tuesdays.  I LOVE lists so I thought I would give this a try.

Today's Top Ten Tuesday was Top Ten Books on Your Fall 'To Be Read' list.  This is a great list for me to make.  I'm transitioning from elementary to middle school, so there are TONS of books I need to read.  I admit that last year in elementary school I spent a LOT of time on technology and other issues, and didn't read nearly as many books I should have.  But I'm changing that!

These books are not necessarily new books, but they're new to me....So, in no particular order, here goes!  (P.S.:  There were some books I wanted to put on my list, but they were not appropriate for middle school, so I chose other books.  All of these books we have at McKamy, except for one.)

10.  The Maze Runner by James Dashner:  I suppose it's popularity right now is due to the release of the movie, but all the students are telling me it's really good.


9.  Gone by Michael Grant:  Adults all gone?  What do the kids do?


8.  The Giver by Lois Lowry:  I read this book in a Children's Lit class at UT.  I think I definitely need to re-read it.


7.  The Boy on the Wooden Box by Leon Leyson:  One of the Lone Star books for this year, a memoir set during the Holocaust.

6.  Ungifted by Gordan Korman:  Another Lone Star book.


5.  Hidden by Helen Frost:  More than one student has told me this is a good book.


4.  The Screaming Staircase by Jonathan Stroud:  Recommended to me by a teacher; also a Lone Star book.


3.  Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card:  I remember back in junior high, this was one of my best friend's favorite books.  I didn't read it back then.  She's still my best friend, maybe I can borrow it from her?


2.  Legend by Marie Lu:  Another librarian, as well as many students, have told me this is a great book.



1.  If I Stay by Gayle Forman:  We don't have this one yet at McKamy, but we get asked about it all the time.  I'm going to read it first and then put it in the library.




1 comment :

  1. I think I still have a copy of Ender's Game. The cover may be missing and there may be some highlights, but I have it! And I still love it (may be nostalgia at this point). Legend was pretty good. I have the sequel but haven't gotten around to it yet.

    ReplyDelete

 
Header Background Designed by Freepik